Chateau du Luc Cote De Bourg 2016
- Organic Certified
Region: Côtes de Bourg, Bordeaux, France
Grape Varieties: 80% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Malbec and 5% Cabernet Franc
Cold maceration prior to fermentation. Three weeks’ fermentation. Aged in vats.
The spicy aroma and burnt toast character of this young wine reflects its strong wood aging. The black fruit is right behind though, likely to break through the dry surface over the next few months. Drink from 2019.
- Gilbert & Gaillard 2017: Gold Medal (Vintage 2016)
- CWSA 2017
- Amphore 2017: Silver Medal
- Citadelles Du Vin 2017: Silver Medal
- AWC Vienna 2017: Silver Medal
- Bronze International Wine Awards 2017
- Wine Enthusiast 86 pts
- Retained At The Guide Selection Bordeaux Bruxelles 2018
Food Pairing: Cheese, BBQ chicken, BBQ pork