Do you know how are the mass production wines made?
- Wine grapes are mostly grown in artificially created sterile environment by pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.
- Grapes are from modern clones for high yield and disease resistance.
- Commercial fertilizer adds chemical supplement on the surface but pollutes local water.
- Machine harvest includes rotten grapes and dirt easily for winemaking.
- During vinification, grape juice will have sulfites SO2 added to prevent spoilage. However, sulphites create allergy problem and hangovers to wine drinkers.
- Un-natural yeasts create unnatural aromas and flavours.
- Machines used in winemaking will extract more colour, body and alcohol, but sometimes over extract grapes, which will create bitterness and roughness for wine.
- Adding sugar and acidity will create standardized wine without character of terroir.
- Sulphites level: 160-210 mg/l